German Communication Consultant
MARCO is the most awarded and best-rated global independent agency based in Madrid and specialised in brand and reputation building. MARCO’s team counts on more than 150 consultants worldwide with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, Warsaw, Miami, Mexico City, Bogotá, Lima, Casablanca, Paris and São Paulo, as well as MSL - affiliated offices in more than 100 markets.
We’re currently recognised as the Best Consultancy in Southern Europe by the Sabre Awards and the fastest-growing Spanish agency as declared by The Holmes Report. In 2018, we acquired the business magazine Ejecutivos, a point of reference in the world of Spanish-language media reporting on the economy.
MARCO’s founder and CEO, Didier Lagae, was recently named the European and Global PR Professional of the Year award at the Stevie Awards and Global PRWeek Awards respectively. He is also a Climate Leader in the Climate Reality Project, an initiative created on a global level by Al Gore, former Vice President of the United States.
About the role
MARCO is looking for a press officer/ PR consultant who is a native German speaker. The prospective profile would be part of the international team and would help primarily on campaigns in German speaking markets, although they would also have to help out in English and potentially Spanish during pan-European campaigns.
1. Drafting, translating and editing content on the different clients and projects (mainly EU institutions)
2. Producing print and digital materials in DE including press releases and social media content video scripts
3. Media reach out and follow up with German journalists, securing coverage, arranging interview opportunities and press trips
4. Actively researching current affairs, facts and figures in the region
5. Supporting the media relations team with International tasks
6. Maintaining media databases up to date and create a whole network of German friendly contacts in the media
7. Supporting the Spanish media relations team with media calls in Spanish
Experience and skills
No experience is required, but any communications experience, either press or social media, would be greatly valuable
A native speaker is preferred, or someone with perfect written German
What’s on offer
Salary will depend on experience and skills
Option to work remotely or in our Madrid or Barcelona office
Indefinite full time contract (with a 6 month probation period)
Two potential annual bonus payments
Opportunity for discounted private health insurance with a provider linked with the company
Chance to learn a wide range of transferable skills
A welcoming and enjoyable working environment
If you are interested, please send your CV to Guiomar Togores email@example.com